Monday, June 1, 2009

Recipe for Pecan Blue Cheese Coleslaw

Sam and I were taking in a lazy Sunday for a change. We didn't want to go anywhere and really only wanted to do things around the house. Since we moved in, we have had this corner of our place stacked with boxes. This is of course what happens when you move from a much bigger place into a smaller one. So, we said we would go through some of the boxes and we of course had to make dinner...

I told Sam that I wanted baby back ribs and I told him that I would make some coleslaw. The dinner was delish! I even whipped up some jiffy corn muffins to boot!

Here is my super-easy recipe for Pecan and Blue Cheese Coleslaw

1 bag of coleslaw mix (I buy the one with white cabbage, red cabbage and carrots mixed)
1 cup of mayonnaise (best foods is what i used)
1 table spoon sugar
1 1/2 table spoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons of celery seed
4 oz of good blue cheese (more on this later)
handful of chopped pecans (more if you like them)

Combine mayo, vinegar, sugar and celery seed, whisk until mixed.

In a large bowl, pour mixture over the coleslaw. Take the pecans and about 3/4 of the blue cheese and crumble it into the coleslaw mixture (reserve the rest of the blue cheese).
Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight (best flavor).

When you are bout to serve, mix the coleslaw once, add in the remaining blue cheese and mix once more.

Serve with your fav BBQ dish!

No comments: