Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hillcrest Movies and Supper



Sam and I met at the Hillcrest Cinemas tonight to take in a film called "Sin Nombre". It was a Spanish film set in different parts of South America, Mexico and the US. It was very emotional since it mainly dealt with the themes of gang violence, immigrants coming to the US through Mexico, death, violence towards women and extreme poverty.

It was a good movie. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to see an interesting and completely different take on the illegal immigrant smuggling that takes place every minute of everyday. Great new director too - Cary Joji Fukunaga. Wonderful cinematography, I could not take my eyes off the screen!

After the film, Sam and i walked around Hillcrest for a few blocks in search of a place to eat. We actually walked all the way back, and ate at NOVA PIZZA, which is located downstairs from the cinema. I will have to give Nova a big thumbs down. :O(

Although the service was great, very clean, lots of people, I ordered the lasagna and was very disappointed. Luckily I also ordered a side Caesar Salad which was good, but not special.

Sam ordered the Tequila Lime Shrimp Pasta, which he enjoyed. So, at least one of us had a good dish!

This weekend Sam's mom and step dad will be visiting us from the desert. They have not been down to see our new digs yet. I hope they enjoy our little place as much as we do. So much nature and peace here. I can hear the frogs serenading as I type... rib bit.

No comments: