Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Growing Lettuce

Sam and I enjoyed a wonderful salad made from lettuce that we have been growing in our kitchen garden. So far, the lettuce is the only veggie ready to be harvested besides our basil and rosemary herbs. We are growing a few different varieties, Green leaf, red leaf, field greens and butter lettuce. I picked some leaves and washed them very carefully.

I tossed the clippings with cucumber, tomatoes, dried cranberries, and pecans. Delicious! Sam added some Parmesan / Asiago to his salad, I left mine as is!

We had this wonderfully fresh salad with lemon zest grilled chicken. Dessert was fresh strawberry pie from a pie shop in town. (((sigh))) I could get used to this.

I have been spending some time working on pendant necklaces, magnets and bracelets. I have a booth where I am selling my jewelry at the Alpine Earth Day celebration and then at Sage and Songbirds Festival here in town. The weather has been so nice, a little warm, but we have a great breeze that flows through the house. Very nice.

Down the road from us there is a small farm that opens up every year on tax day (4/15), they sell their fresh fruits and veggies only a few days a week - some days I hear that you have to pick your own fruit! I might go by there tomorrow and check it out. Then, I have to come back and work on jewelry some more, I know, it seems like a vacation, but it is getting a little old. I started applying for jobs again. I wonder if any will call me back? I wonder.

No comments: