Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Etsy Lessons - to share

Starting next week, I plan to write a series of posts that address topics which may be of interest to anyone running an online shop, especially (but not limited to) Etsy. Such topics will be marketing, Etsy shop set up, customer service, newsletters, when is the best time to run a sale, pooling resources, building momentum in your shop, etc.

I plan to have a least one post regarding online sales / business every week during the months of May - August. By the end of the Summer, I hope to have at least 15 - 20 posts that Etsy sellers
will find helpful and hopefully use as a resource. I am using my own valuable experience as an Etsy seller since 2005, with 100% positive feedback, and over 1,200 sales. My small hobby business has grown over the past few years into a non-hobby, part-time small business, which has been a wonderful learning experience!

Some measurable goals I have for this group of postings are:

- gain 15 new followers
- have a least 1 comment on each post
- have one Etsy shop critique on my blog

At the mid point of this, probably end of June, I plan to revisit these goals. I am excited bout this project which I have been meaning to do for some time now. I think this Summer will be the perfect time to begin it!

No comments: